Off-piste day, snowfall, or undergrowth and yours
Has the mask gotten dirtier than ever since you owned it? No problem,
DEMON has created for you the complete guide of things TO DO and things NOT to do
to effectively clean your ski goggles.
It is normal that the ski mask can get dirty with use, but it is essential to know which techniques and tools are most suitable.onefor cleaning and which ones to avoid to avoid irreparably damaging the lens or frame.
Cleaning the frame:
- Cleaning of the plastic part: Cleaning the plastic part of the frame is the simplest and least risky, there are no specific cleaning techniques, you can use a soft microfibre cloth (even damp) to remove the most difficult stains. Each frame is equipped with one specialand color-protecting paint, so if the dampened cloth is not enough to remove the most difficult stains, you can moisten the microfiber cloth with alcohol to be more aggressive on the stain.
- Cleaning the spongy part: The soft, high-density sponge, on the other hand, requires more attentionone for the cleaning. The sponge is glued to the frame, so it is important not to moisten it too much in order not to ruin the glue material. It is therefore possible to moisten a microfibre cloth with water or alcohol (as for cleaning plastic parts), but only cleaning the surface part of the sponge.
- Cleaning the elastic: The elastic does not require special attention, it is possible to clean it with water or alcohol with the same system as the plastic parts. Here too you can use water or alcohol.
Rule number 1: DO NOT wash your ski goggles directly under running water. It is the most effective method to damage the sponge and lens irreparably
Cleaning the lens:
Each type of mask has its own lens, it is important for examplerimTo clean the lens, check whether the mask has ventilation holes or notone on the lens. This because?
Why clean a lens with ventilation holesone requires more attentionone I respect a mask that doesn't have them.
This is due to the structure of the double lens which we will explain below to better understand.
The double lens can be seen as a sandwich of lenses glued together using a spongy material that cushions in the event of an impact or tension.one.
The double lens is glued, so it is not possible to open it to clean it internally without breaking it.
It is essential to prevent liquids from settling in the gap between the two lenses and forming the classico alone when it has dried.
Rule number 2: Be very carefulone that do not filter liquids into the ventilation holesone of the lens So how can you effectively clean the lens of your ski goggles without ruining it?
- Lens without ventilation holesone: The ski lens without ventilation holesone it is the simplest to clean, in fact in case of simple dirt or fingerprints it is possible to use the same system as for the glasses: "Breath" on the lens and rub vigorously if necessary with a soft microfibre cloth.
If the stain is more resistant, moisten the cloth with water, or use it specialand anti-fog lens cleaning fluid DEMON which helps in cleaning (spray the liquid directly on the lens), and also forms an anti-fog treatment on the surface of the lens. Click on the photo for more information.
- Lens with ventilation holesone: The lens with arezi holesone it is much more delicate and requires more attentionone for the reason described above. In this case we recommend following the same method using the dry microfibre cloth, but if the dirt is resistant, moisten the cloth with water. If you use the anti-fog detergent liquid we do not recommend spraying it directly on the lens but instead Spray it on the cloth and rub it on the lens.
Rule number 3: Don't
use alcohol to clean the lens, because it may damage the
mirroring or anti-fog treatment on the internal surface.
Rule number 4: Don't
use cotton clothsone, the lens could scratch given the difference in
fabric with microfibre
Rule number 4: Do not use cellulose (even moistened paper towels or toilet paper) to clean the lens to avoid smears.
After cleaning, leave to dry away from sources of heat
heat or direct sunlight.
How to best store your mask:
To increase the lifespan of your ski goggles we recommend
to leave it to dry after your exit (away from heat sources or
to direct sunlight) to avoid storing it in the case damp, which
could encourage creationone of mold. Once dry, store it inside
a microfibre or hard case (depending on how the
mask) in a dry place away from heat sources. Avoid places
very cold or very hot. This way the part will be best preserved
spongy, increasing durability over time. (NB primor sign of a bad one
conservationone it is when the spongy part “crumbles” leaving
fragments on hands and face. In that case it is recommended to consider purchasing one
new mask, or if the lens is in excellent condition, consider a new frame).
Rule number 5: Store the mask in a dry place, away from heat sources and direct sunlight, in its protective case.
How did you find this article on how to clean and store your ski goggles? Useful? We at DEMON let's hope so! In any case you can write us questions or comments below. For more information you can find us online in chat or you can contact us by phone at: 0445/315537 or by email at: firstname.lastname@example.org