GLASSES FOR RUNNING: WHICH TO CHOOSE
You are searching on the internet for information on which running glasses to choose, shapes, colors and all sorts of technologies have made your decision even more difficult.one?
we at DEMON we thought we'd create a mini guide to help you shed some light on the type of racing glasses that's right for you.
- WHAT TYPE OF FRAME TO CHOOSE:
Regardless of whether the cycling glasses are chosen for practising Road Race o Mountain running it is essential to choose the frame based on the following criteria:
- ENVELOPING: The frame for racing glasses differs in primis for the envelopment, which in addition to the role of aerodynamics, serves to protect the eyes not only from the air, but also from possible external projections, such as: mud, dust, leaves and midges.
- LIGHT AND ELASTIC: Fundamental roles, given the prolonged use of racing glasses, are: lightness and elasticity. Glasses that you don't realize you're wearing are good glasses. All frames DEMON are created in TR90, one specialand compositionsone of Nylon and carbon fiber which makes the racing glasses 20% lighter than conventional materials, significantly increases elasticity and makes the glasses non-deformable at high and low temperatures. Elasticity is important for the fit, in fact the glasses have the task of wrapping the face, without tightening and becoming annoying.
- DIMENSIONSONE OF AUCTIONS: The sizeone of the auctions, in addition to the aesthetic factor, performs functionsone of protectionsone further. It's a plus to the enveloping factor. In the Mountain running the use of wider temples is particularly preferred for greater protectionone from leaves and branches in the zone very dense forests, or particular passages where you come into contact with particular obstacles. While for running, where there are no challenging dirt roads, more minimal glasses are preferred which generally tend to be lighter, even if we are referring to grams of weight, which is therefore an almost imperceptible factor.
- WHAT TYPE OF LENS TO CHOOSE:
It is fundamental to start from the assumption that regardless of the discipline practiced, Racing on asphalt o Mountain running, the lens of the racing glasses must be: ANTI-BREAKAGE and OPTICALLY PERFECT. Because your glasses, in addition to protecting your eyes from sunlight and UV rays, MUST provide maximum protection.one even in the event of accidental impacts. The factor Anti-breakage it ensures that the lens does not break in the event of very strong impacts, thus not creating any splinters, which could damage your eye, but rather creates a "cobweb effect" which simply invalidates the lens. Optically perfect, consists in seeing a point exactly where it is located, to have perfect perceptionone of depth, because it is very important to have the perfect faceone where we place our feet while running.
There are different types of lenses, below we will explain the main characteristics and for which discipline they are most similar:
- PHOTOCHROMIC LENSES: Photochromic lenses are lenses that, when exposed to UV radiation or sunlight in general, start a reactionone reversible chemistry and darken. Once you irradiate itone of light disappears, the lenses gradually return to their initial state of transparency. They can be used both for the practice of road racing that for the mountain running, it is therefore important to specify which type is most performing for the chosen discipline:
" SMOKE: RECOMMENDED for Mountain Running and for running in particular conditions, starts from colorsone completely transparent (Category 1). Darkens until Category 2,5 is reached. It remains slightly clearer during maximum work help the eye adapt more quickly from light to shadow. This allows the athlete not to have to interrupt his performanceone or slow down to remove the "still dark" glasses to enter the shaded area. In zone In very dense forests the lens will be completely transparent, and will serve as protectionone from Air and projections such as: leaves and branches. This specialand slow it can be used for night outings as simple protectionone from the air. For those who practice running on asphalt, and out of habit often use time slots such as Sunrise/Sunset, or often practice night rides.
» DCHROM: Usable for both road running and mountain running, starts from colorsone slightly veiled at the start (Category 1) and darkens until reaching category 3 (same darkness as common sunglasses). It is particularly recommended for prolonged use without large light-dark variations, in fact use this lens in who runs Mezze Maratone, Maratone, Ultramaratone or those who simply suffer particularly from sunlight. Same conditions also for the practice of Mountain running without going into zone of very dense bush where it can be slightly dark. We do not recommend this lens to those looking for glasses that can also be used for night outings.
Below is a comparison of a lens Photochromic smoke e Photochromic DCHROM
- SLOW DCHANGE: Used mainly for road racing. The lens package DCHANGE includes a set of 3 lenses that allow you to use the cycling glasses in all conditionsone atmospheric, from very intense sun, to days with cloudy weather, to rain and outings at night or in low light. In endowmentsone in the set of interchangeable lenses we find:
» Smoke lens: Category 3, guarantees protectionone from UV rays. Reaches maximum performanceone in sunny weather and good brightness.
» Orange lens: Category 2, guarantees protectionone from UV rays. Reaches maximum performanceone in cloudy weather or low light.
» Transparent lens: Category 1, also guarantees protectionone from UV rays. Reaches maximum performanceone with rain or very low light, or for night outing.
This type of cycling glasses can also be used for mountain running, however we recommend a photochromic lens for the latter in order to obtain maximum performance.
Below is an example of lenses suppliedone (smoke mirrored, orange and transparent:
- LENS DPOL: The polarized lens guarantees protectionone from UV rays, but not only: this specialIn fact, each type of lens is able to concentrate or diverge light rays and attenuate UV-A and UV-B radiation via a polarizing filter that eliminates transverse reflections. For all these characteristics it can therefore be used in running as it reduces eye strain with prolonged use. We do not recommend using it for mountain running as it can create some small difficulties in reading some instruments with LED screens such as: GPS or heart rate monitor. In addition to the factor that the use of a dark lens is less effective for a discipline rich in light-dark transitions.
Below is an example of Polarized lens
- CATEGORY 3 SMOKE LENS: It is the same Fumo lens as standard in the package DCHANGE. This lens is particularly recommended for use on asphalt or small dirt roads on sunny days. This type of lens is often chosen for those looking for training glasses, where they can spend a little less than more complete lens packages, but which they don't need.
Below is an example of Smoke Category 3 lens
WHICH LENS IS RIGHT FOR YOU?
- What is the main advantage of choosing a photochromic lens or a magnifying glass DCHROM? The smoke photochromic lens is mainly suitable for those who are passionate about itineraries with large zone wooded areas with low light or loves going out at night. While the lens DCHROM it is more versatile and can also be used for very long periods of time, but not at night.
- Do you suffer particularly from light? In case your choice is oriented towards a photochromic lens, definitely the lens DCHROM. If instead you are oriented towards a dark lens the package DCHANGE it's for you.
- Do you travel routes with strong brightness? (fairly high altitudes, desert, ....) Our advice is the same for those who particularly suffer from light to avoid small irritations to the eye due to not having adequately protected themselves: If your choice is oriented towards a photochromic lens, certainly the DCHROM. If instead you are oriented towards a dark lens the package DCHANGE it's for you.
- Do you have a habit of exercising early in the morning or at the end of the day? In this case we suggest, if you are interested in a photochromic lens, the Fumo photochromic lens. While if you choose the package dchange you can fit the orange lens and replace it with the transparent one when the sun has set, and vice versa if you go out at dawn.